Comment on page
Playfootball.io is a football game based on the fundamental rules of football. Player Cards are the most important aspect of the game. Each card has its own tier and unique statistics. The total sum of all the card's statistics gives us the Overall Rating (OVR).
There are eight different tiers of football player cards in the game. The higher the tier, the lower the chance of creating the player card. Each tier has a different colour. The tiers, starting from the most common, are poor, upgraded, rare, epic, legendary, platinum, historical MID, and historical TOP.
There are four basic character types based on their positions on the field. Additionally, each class has its specializations and will perform better or worse in certain positions.
- Goalkeepers (GK) – A good goalkeeper is irreplaceable in every team. Their main task is to defend the goal.
- Defenders – They make up the main defensive line in front of our goalkeeper. Defenders are divided into specializations: Left Backs (LB), Center Backs (CB), and Right Backs (RB).
- Midfielders – They mainly play in the center of the field but are equally capable in defense by assisting defenders and in offense as support for forwards. Midfielders are divided into specializations: Left Midfielders (LM), Center Midfielders (CM), Right Midfielders (RM), Defensive Midfielders (CDM), and Attacking Midfielders (CAM).
- Forwards – They excel in the attack and are the top goalscorers. However, it's important to note that they are usually weaker in defense. Forwards are divided into Left Forwards (LF), Center Forwards (CF), and Right Forwards (RF).
The skills of our players are very important, as each skill is responsible for something different. It's important to know which skills are crucial in a given moment of the game and make changes accordingly based on the situation on the field. Skills are divided into the following types:
Offensive Play – enhances the player's offensive abilities. It's a fundamental skill for forwards and attacking midfielders, especially when it comes to taking shots during attack.
Defensive Play – enhances the player's defensive abilities. It's a fundamental skill for goalkeepers, defenders, and defensive midfielders, particularly when it comes to interventions during actions.
Playmaking – the skill of effective passing. It's the main skill for midfielders to receive the ball in the central area of the field.
It's worth noting that certain skills for a specific position provide a smaller bonus, such as pressing for a forward or effectiveness for a goalkeeper.
- Set Pieces – they take on the role of attack/defence when the action arises from a set piece (penalty kick, corner kick, free kick). For example, Set Pieces are crucial for a defender when defending their own penalty area during a corner, not Defensive Play as the name may suggest.
- Anticipation – allows for predicting, for example, where the ball will be played and to whom. It is an important skill for goalkeepers, enabling them to determine the trajectory of the ball.
- Stamina – affects all other skills. At the beginning of each match, the engine selects the player with the highest level of trained stamina (among the 22 players on the field), and that player serves as a reference for the rest of the players. They are able to perform at 100% of their abilities throughout the entire match (90 minutes without added time or extra time - beyond that, everyone starts to fade). The highest stamina during the match is displayed in real-time, meaning it reflects what is happening on the field and changes depending on factors such as equipped items with this skill.
- Pressing – this skill forces the opponent to make mistakes (such as inaccurate passes, ball loss, or missed shots) by increasing randomness and reducing the impact of accuracy. Pressing skill decreases the opponent's main ability in 1v1 situations when the opponent has the ball (proportionally to the ratio between their accuracy and your player's pressing). In the case of goalkeepers, reading the game partially takes on the role of pressing.
- Accuracy – this skill increases the chances of successfully performing a specific action in a match (reduces randomness and the impact of pressing). Accuracy skill decreases the opponent's main ability in 1v1 situations when YOUR player has the ball (proportionally to the ratio between the opponent's pressing and your accuracy).